This is to everyone out there who is waiting for something, waiting for that big break, waiting for your child, husband, friend, family member to get back on track. If you are waiting, this is for you.
Waiting is not always easy, it is infact one of the most difficult things for humans to do. Waiting can stretch you, can make or mar you but the choice is ultimately yours what it does for you. The waiting period can be a gift when you get to learn about yourself and about life generally. We hope you draw strength from our list of six things to do while waiting.
1. Be patient with yourself: you are going through a process, allow the process run its course. There is a reason why you are where you are at this time. Quit blaming yourself or anyone else or even a past mistake. Focus on your desired outcome and discover life during this period.
2. Do not despair- Keep hope alive- Always remember that this too will pass…. Whatever it is will soon be in the past and you will be victorious and you can say Hello to your tomorrow!
3. Use the time as a time to grow, learn and develop deep roots. Be informed- read as much as you can about the subject of your waiting. You can take a few courses, read books on the subject, do a research to help you find options and make an informed decision.
4. Grow a support system: Connect with people who have overcome in the area you are struggling with. Surround yourself with people who can give you the needed support to go through this season of your life. People who can strengthen you, hold your hands, or even give you a shoulder to lean or cry on. It does not have to be harder than it already is, get help if you need to.
5. Take action- The waiting period is not a time of doing nothing, It’s actually a time to take action. Don’t just wait for the right man or woman, work towards being the right man or woman, do not just wait for your business to grow, find out what needs to be done and take action. Don’t just wait take corresponding action to get your desired result.
6. Be thankful: No matter what you are going through, there is always something to be thankful for. Find it and give thanks. Maintain a grateful attitude. You can never go wrong being thankful.
We leave you with these words from Bradley Whitford, ‘infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth’.